Worried about jumping into the cold Hudson River? Here’s some tips for you, rookie.
Make sure you get there by 10:30 am. After that time, it’s nearly impossible to get close to the Plunge area – there are literally 1000’s of people that will be attending.
1. Wear a hat and gloves, up until the time of the plunge
2. About 15 minutes before you go in water, strip down to your swimsuit
3. Make are you are wearing water shoes (or old shoes). NOT sandals
4. When you go in the water, WALK. Don’t run. Just walk in nice and slow
5. Don’t dunk your head underwater
6. Stay in for a minute or two, then come out
7. Immediately put on a towel, and as soon as possible change your clothing in the provided warming tents.
Overall, the event is very well run, safe, and fun. We hope you have a great time!